Kaynijo.com

Live | Love | Laugh

Goal Setting – Part 2

1 Comment

How to set your 2010 goals

Step 1

Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself the following question (and answer honestly):

What held me back in 2009?

For example:  self doubt, procrastination, sickness

Define the areas of your life that you would like to set goals for.  For example:  career, family life.

Identify in no uncertain terms your ultimate goal in each area, and determine how much you can achieve in 2010.

The goals must be specific, measurable, and have a time limit.

For example:       Area – career.  “I want to be a Financial Analyst.” (ultimate goal)

I will attempt and pass the CFA level 1 exam in June 2010.

Step 2

Write your goals down.

The reality: written goals clarify thinking, objectify their potential, and reinforce commitment.  One secret of successful people is that they keep their written goals visible and review them daily.

One famous study from Yale in 1953 said that the 3% of Yale graduates who had written goals had more wealth years later than the other 97% of the class combined.

Step 3

Share your goals with people who care for you and who will support you to hold you accountable.

Step 4

Get focused, get committed and get moving.

You must create a sense of urgency and get busy NOW!

Develop affirmations – affirmations need to be positive, need to be in the present and should have no negative references.  Change the way you think and you’ll change your future.

Step 5

Measure your progress.

Set your daily goals in writing and measure your progress at end of each day.  Plan your work, work your plan!

 

Remember:  “In 2010, I WILL accomplish …”

 

—Kaynijo

 

 

Zig Ziglar – Goal Setting Part 2 of 3

Zig Ziglar – Goal Setting Part 3 of 3

Author: Kaynijo

Read more here: www.kaynijo.com Kaynijo.com - Live | Love | Laugh

One thought on “Goal Setting – Part 2

  1. Kay-Ann, This is a very good post. I agree with the message. Self assessment / evaluation is something we must be do on a continuous basis. I constantly do that. People also want to wait for these magic moments (like the start of a new year) to start setting goals and begin moving on them. I always ask “Why can’t you start right now?” … “What makes Jan 1st better than May 15th?”. I like the part of about measuring progress. People sometimes make these general goals that cannot be measured. I will continue to monitor this blog, so far its interesting.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s